To helps countries in designing, implementing and updating their nationally determined contributions (NDC), Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDs) or transparency systems, LEDS Global Partnership in association with NDC Support Cluster and Partnership on Transparency in the Paris Agreement (PATPA) in cooperation with the NDC Partnership, established an advisory network called Climate Helpdesk. The Secretariat of the Climate Helpdesk is hosted by the GIZ Support Project for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement (SPA).
The Climate Helpdesk provides timely, high quality, no cost technical assistance to developing countries on the following topics:
• Tools for NDC updates and NDC implementation such as for assessing LEDS/NDCs baselines, goals, technology, policy options, pathways, and impact
• Strategies and measures for mobilising private and public investment in NDC and LEDS priorities
• Methods and resources for linking national and subnational governments in the LEDS and NDC planning and implementation processes
• Policies and programmes for implementing climate resilient low-emission measures in the energy, waste, Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU) and transport sectors
• Alignment of NDCs and LTS
• Review of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventories for specific sectors
• Establishing sustainable and robust transparency systems, including appropriate institutional arrangements
• Preparation for the submission of Biennial Update Report (BUR) and Biennial Transparency Report (BTR)
• Monitoring & Evaluation (M & E) of adaptation
Requesting Assistance :
Climate Helpdesk supports request from LEDS global partnership members, developing countries, government agencies and technical institutions and organisations that are working directly with national governments to plan and implement their NDCs, LEDS or transparency systems. Organisations that are endorsed by UNFCC focal point of Ministry of environment can also request for support.
Eligibility and requirements for technical assistance:
1. Be a member of the LEDS Global Partnership
2. Be a national or subnational government organization, or your inquiry is on behalf of a government organization.
3. Send the request either by:
• Filling out Climate Helpdesk Form.
• Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com explaining your need and what support would you like to receive.
Upon the submission of your request a LEDS GP/Asia LEDS Partnership Secretariat Member will contact you within three working days.