About the Asia LEDS Partnership
The Asia Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDS) Partnership is a voluntary regional network that promotes and enables low-emission, climate-resilient development across the Asia and Pacific region through peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing, and improved coordination and cooperation among governmental and non-governmental partners. Its goal is to advance the development of country-led and country-specific strategic plans to promote economic growth while reducing GHG emissions—without causing trade-offs to other environmental pressures—in the Asia region. ALP, launched in September 2012, is one of the four regional platforms of the LEDS Global Partnership, an initiative of more than 120 countries and international programs launched in 2011.
ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability South Asia serves as the ALP Secretariat, working in coordination with ICLEI Southeast Asia and ICLEI East Asia. This contract will be executed by ICLEI – South Asia on behalf of the Asia LEDS Partnership (ALP) Secretariat. For more information, please visit ALP website.
About ICLEI South Asia
ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability is the leading global network of more than 1,500 cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future. ICLEI South Asia, the South Asian arm of ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability, aims to build and serve a regional network of local governments to achieve tangible improvements in regional and global sustainability through local initiatives. Over 13 years, ICLEI South Asia has emerged a strong and vibrant local government association with a membership base of over 70 cities.
We promote local action for global sustainability and support cities to become sustainable, resilient, resource-efficient, biodiverse, low-carbon, productive, ecomobile; to build a smart infrastructure; and to develop an inclusive, green urban economy with sustainable procurement with the ultimate aim of achieving healthy and happy communities. ICLEI also strengthens North-South and South-South cooperation to advance sustainability at the local regional and sub-national level. For more information, please visit ICLEI South Asia website.
2. Specific tasks for the consultancy firm
Under the supervision of the ALP Secretariat, the consultancy firm will be required to perform the following tasks:
• Maintain the ALP website in consultation with ICLEI SA. This will be related to updating and making modifications in ALP webpages which includes, “Home”, “About”, “News”, “Events”, “Training”, “Expert help”, “Country Profiles”, “Resources”, and new sections.
• Modify and/or develop new sections to respond to the emerging interests of Asia LEDS Partnership members and partners. Examples: Creating a new webpage for ALP forum and other workshop/activities/outcomes which are to be promoted in ALP website.
• Uploading videos and backup all the data related to the ALP website.
3. Required Qualifications of the Consultancy Firm
The consultancy firm shall have at least two years of working experience in website and graphic design/development; have developed/managed at least 10 client websites.
4. Duration of the Assignment
From the date of signing the contract until June 30, 2019.
5. Intellectual Property
All information pertaining to this project belonging to the client, which the consultancy firm may come into contact with in the performance of his/her, duties under this consultancy shall remain the property of the Client who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever form.
Payment shall be made in three installments of:
• 40% initial payment after the appointment of the consultancy firm
• 30% payment will be paid after 8 months of contract signing
• 30% payment will be paid at the end of the contract
7. Application Procedure
The interested party may draft a proposal with the following information and submit the documents on or before 5th March 2018.
• Applicant’s profile
• Details of work experience of the organization
• Details of work experience of the staff to be involved in the said work
• Contact details
Instructions for Submission of Proposal:
The proposal is to be submitted in soft copy by interested organisations. The proposal should be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org; and email@example.com. Mr. Anandhan Subramaniyam may be contacted at +91 99524 59586, for any further clarifications.