November 21, 2014 – The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is in the process of developing an array of new types of standards related to greenhouse gas management, such as the specifications for product carbon footprinting (ISO TS 14067). The sub-committee on GHG Management and Related Issues is requesting input from stakeholders through an online survey.
Take the survey now at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5SMHZYV
As background to this survey, in 2006 ISO Technical Committee on Environmental Management (ISO TC207) established the sub-committee on GHG Management and Related Issues (ISO TC207 SC7). ISO TC207 SC7 is responsible for developing GHG standards including ISO 14064, ISO 14065, ISO 14066 and additional ISO products. To guide development of future standards, ISO TC207 SC7 is seeking input from stakeholders to inform the development of a strategic roadmap. ISO invites your input by responding to the survey questions. The results of this consultation and the strategic roadmap will be publicly available in 2015.
The survey questions are multiple choice and take about 2 minutes to complete. The questions are:
1. Which new climate change standards ISO should develop?
2. Which standards you have helped to develop?
3. Which standards have you used?
4. How you rate the existing ISO climate change standards?
5. What do you think are the strengths and weaknesses (challenges and barriers) for the ISO?
6. Which organizations do you think ISO should work more closely with?
7. Share your ideas with ISO (open to any issue).
For more information contact Tom Baumann at email@example.com or join the LinkedIn Group ISO Climate Change Standards.