New ALP steering committee announced
Following the nominations and the selection process, 17 Asia LEDS Partnership (ALP) steering committee members have been finalised. ALP warmly welcomes the new members on board. The steering committee is responsible for guiding the ALP to identify, design, organize and deliver support activities to members, and to coordinate closely with the LEDS Global Partnership.
Term of the new steering committee is 17 April 2019 to 16 April 2021. Two new co-chairs have been selected from the steering committee members based on the nominations. One co-chair was selected from the national governments and the second co-chair was selected from other international/development agencies.
ALP takes this opportunity to thank the outgoing steering committee members. Some of the previous steering committee members are continuing to serve in the current steering committee. The country government representatives also serve as a nodal point for ALP for the respective countries. The steering committee is formed keeping in mind the gender balance, geographical representation and thematic area representation.
Ms. Anand Tsog, Ministry of Environment, Department of Climate change and International Relations
Mr Curt Garrigan, Chief, Sustainable Urban Development, UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (ESCAP)
The list of selected ALP steering committee:
- Programming Division, Planning Commission, Bangladesh
- Climate Change Secretariat, Ministry of Mahaweli Development and Environment, Sri Lanka
- Climate Change Commission, Philippines
- Ministry of Environment, Department of Climate change and International Relations, Mongolia
- Ministry of Planning and Investment, Vietnam
Academic/Technical/Research Institute or Non-governmental organization
- The International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD), Bangladesh
- International Climate Development Institute (ICDI), Chinese Taipei
- Leadership for Environment and Development (LEAD), Pakistan
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory, USA
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
- UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific (ESCAP)
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- United Nations Environment Programme
- ICF International
- Department of International Cooperation, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Chinese Taipei
Individual (John Bruce Wells)