The agenda will focus on the two key areas: financing LEDS and assessment and communications of benefits. Topics of focus for in-depth training sessions will include:
- Financing LEDS
- Accessing climate finance and donor support
- Risk mitigation and private sector investment mobilization instruments
- Public/ government fund allocation (budgets, infrastructure, procurements, funds etc)
- Assessment and Communications of Benefits
- Methods and tools for multiple benefit analysis
- Approaches and strategies for communicating LEDS benefits
- Methods and tools for assessing poverty reduction benefits
In addition, the event will run focused peer learning sessions on Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use (AFOLU), Energy, Transportation, and Subnational Integration (SNI) of LEDS; and an innovation lab, which will give participants an opportunity to develop innovative solutions to common LEDS challenges.
Participants, with expertise and playing leading roles in financing and assessment and communications of benefits are encouraged to bring their own stories and experiences, and also their questions, to share and explore with each other. Participants will be asked to prepare information on activities and opportunities for collaboration for their government or institution in advance. They will leave the event with new insights and strengthened knowledge of implementing LEDS action on the ground, learning from innovative and successful country examples, improved knowledge and understanding of LEDS finance and benefits communication and analytical approaches, and strengthened partnerships and peer learning communities to support their efforts.
For more information or to register your interest to attend, please contact Jebi Rahman at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.