The second Asia-Pacific & Eastern Europe Regional Technical Dialogue on Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) will bring together country representatives from the region, as well as developed-country representatives, multi- and bilateral agencies, regional organizations, and experts for three days of discussion on INDC development and best practices. The event is organized by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in cooperation with the UNFCCC Secretariat and the World Resources Institute. Participants will:
- Share country experiences in the design and preparation of INDCs
- Share challenges being faced and identify lessons learned, best practices to address these challenges
- Address issues related to the underlying technical basis required to prepare robust, reliable, and achievable contributions
- Identify support needed to reach domestic agreement on contributions and follow-up actions
- Provide updates on the process of preparing INDCs
More information on the three-day event can be found on the Low Emissions Capacity Building Programme's website: www.lowemissiondevelopment.org/events/regional-events/eventdetail/75/-/second-asia-pacific-eastern-europe-regional-technical-dialogue-on-indcs-in-bangkok-thailand
To recap session highlights and share information presented across the region, the Asia LEDS Partnership has collaborated with LEAD Pakistan and the Energy research Centre of the Netherlands to collect key takeaways that can benefit Asia LEDS Partnership members engaged in INDC development. View the highlights report: Second Regional Technical Dialogue on Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) – Asia-Pacific and Eastern Europe.