Countries in Southeast Asia have made ambitious climate change commitments to enhance resilience and reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the land-use sector. Global agribusiness leaders have also committed to significantly reduce emissions while working to meet growing demand for food and forestry products. To address investment opportunities and financing needs, leading banks and investors are beginning to develop “climate-smart” products and practices, aligned with business and sustainability goals.
Join 70 early-movers from across Southeast Asia in catalyzing action to accelerate investment and finance for climate-smart commodity production, including for rice, shrimp, forestry products, palm oil, coffee, tea, and cocoa. Private and public sector leaders will:
- Showcase commitments, investments, and long term goals;
- Highlight emerging strategies, tools, and technical services for promoting more transparent, resilient, and lower-emission commodity production in Southeast Asia;
- Provide insights on investment opportunities associated with national climate change targets; and
- Explore country-specific policies to enable incubation and deployment of commercial investment.
- Leading corporations incubating and scaling strategies to support production of lower-emission agricultural and forest commodities
- National and regional banks, investment funds, and venture capital active in developing business and financing models for lower-emission commodity production
- Internationally prioritized commercial certification platforms
- Technology providers with tools to support cost-effective data collection and analytics
- Key public sector officials from Southeast Asian countries
Through interactive solutions-oriented sessions, participants will identify the challenges, opportunities, and ways forward to accelerate private sector strategies, investment models, and tools that support lower-emission commodity production, and align public and private sector actions.
This meeting is by invitation only, due to limited space available. If you are interested in attending, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.